I am feeling absolutely terrible about not officially announcing on our family blog, our new addition to the Harrell Clan.
We are beyond blessed by the amazing gift of new life! God our Father has given us a new baby.
We found out a few weeks before Ruby's due date which brought such Joy in such a difficult time. We felt as though our gracious Father had given us a sweet gift after such a difficult trial, not that we earned it or deserved it by any means but simply because He loves us.
I am of course a little anxious in this pregnancy. Uncertain of our baby's future and health, but so far everything looks great! And I in no way want to hinder, stifle, or diminish God's Glory and Praise in this, but at times I fear I am doing so. As excited as I am there is always the question in the back of my mind, "will we get to bring this one home with us?" "will this one be ok?"
I know its only human to think these thoughts and I praise God that they do not overwhelm my day to day but I want to rejoice in His gift fully and continually tell Him, "no matter what the outcome, You alone are to be worshipped and glorified! You hold this one in the palm of your hands and we trust you."
Next Tuesday we will, Lord willing, get to find out the sex of the baby as well as have a full ultrasound scan by a high risk specialist. This was completely our decision, as I told my Dr. "I just want a little peace of mind"
We have not run any other tests and as my Dr so sweetly put it "They're not going to see anything!" But until I have the ultrasound and get the approval of the specialist I hold my breathe just a little more and I pray just a little harder.
John is also so desperate for a girl that I have become reluctant to find out what it is, in fear that he might be disappointed if it is a boy. He just says he will need a little time to adjust to the idea of three boys:)
But no matter the outcome we will rejoice in our little Harrell family that continues to grow and grow! To Him be the Glory!
1 comment:
Can you please update very soon the sex of the new baby!!!! I've been eagerly checking your blog everyday since that tuesday!!!! ;) & hurry!!!!!!!! I want to know every detail about the lovely Harrell clan finding out the sex of the new baby!!!!! :)
Jesus blesses the Harrells!!!!!
Post a Comment