Sunday, March 20, 2011

Answer to a Prayer!

Ever since I was a little girl I have had a passion for adoption. I even thought I would never have kids of mine own cause there were too many little ones out there without parents, why would I continue to over populate the earth.... I was a little dramatic.
Now that john and I have a our two little boys we felt like now would be the time to pray about the opportunity to adopt. So we both spent the month of December in prayer and both came back with the same thought.
We don't have room in our car for another child and as of now we don't have an extra room in our home. So we thought we'd begin to take steps towards changing that. I also decided that I would begin to pray specifics. I began to ask God for a mini van....that He would allow us to sell our old car and get a bigger car with more seats. We planned on selling our Pontiac and living in daddy's bronco as we saved up for a deposit on a mini van but God had other plans.
We got a tax return this year which was very unexpected because of Daddy's new job we thought we would have to owe, but it turns out we got $3300 back this year. Very exciting! We thought we'd put it towards our pontiac payoff but didn't have specific plans for it.
When we went down to San diego for Caleb's Birthday we stayed with friends in Carlsbad. We sat up one night and shared with them our plans to sell our car to get a mini van so we could move forward in adoption. He chuckled and said "you should check out the van outside!" His grandma had recently passed away and they were left with her mini van to sell. He said "yeah it's in great condition and we're trying to get $3200 for it." WHAT!!!!
To make a long story short we have an amazing mini van for our family and, God willing, our growing family!
Im continuing to ask God for another home for us but also have no desire to leave our neighborhood! We are in love here and have really developed some sweet friendships and ministries in the neighborhood. It's a tough prayer to answer as we live on a street of duplexes with two bedrooms....but God can do tough things:)

1 comment:

hestermom said...

Praying with you and super excited to see how God answers!! Side note, when Ben and I seriously started praying about adoption, we found out we were pregnant. Hahaha! Surprise! God always keeps things exciting!!