The gumball jar is for when the boys make good choices, have good attitudes, do good things without being asked ( ie: share with their brother, clean their room without being asked, not throwing a fit when I say "no") ...then they get to put a gumball in the jar. Once it hits a certain line we will take them to the candy store to pick out a small candy, something they LOVE to do and a place I needed to set a limit on, otherwise they would ask to go there everyday!

Chore charts! Something where we can begin teaching them about family team work, accomplishments and earning a little money. We are giving them a dime for every sticker they get on their chart for the week. Then by the end we will divide it up by giving, savings, and spending. Caleb has loved it and has been asking to do things around the house just to earn more.....jack not so much:)


Oh yes and Jack is starting to potty train. He is doing great but I have a feeling it will take lot longer with guy. He does what he wants when he wants and gets very distracted very easily! WE'll see how this goes down!
1 comment:
Good job, Mom! I love the chore charts! I hope you see some great results soon. It was amazing how quickly Caleb was potty-trained. I bet once you find the right motivation, Jack will do great too. Miss all you guys! Love you! Grammie
Post a Comment