Monday, October 26, 2009

Hits Home

Just got back from an awesome weekend with our churchs womens retreat. I have to admit I hesitated signing up and quite frankly by the weekend there were a thousand reasons why I should not have gone: Grammy not feeling good, daddy out of town, amazing friends staying at our house that I didnt get to spend any time with...the lists goes on. But I didnt want little reasons to get in the way of what God may have had in store for me there. I needed time, I needed solitude, I needed fellowship, I needed truth.
The weekend was great. The speakers each had such a different story to tell, a different life to live but they all lived and breathed the same faith. That "remaining" whatever the circumstance, whatever the season is what faith looks like lived out. That Hit Home

The morning before I left I was checking up on some blogs; never had I read three different stories in a row that "Hit Home" for me...but Oh could I relate, one was
Mountains and Valleys
I'm so blessed that God is teaching, equipping, and training me at this moment with so many words that "Hit Home". My prayer is that as Christ has given me all the nourishment I need that I will begin to produce the fruit!

No comments: