
Jack got his first official bee sting today! Mommy has never had it, caleb wont go anywhere near a bee....but Jack?....Well Jack will pick up just about anything:) Today we were swimming at a friends house. Jack steps out of the pool and being a curious george decides to pick up the poor, unsuspecting, never thought his life would end today,bee. I look over, he looks at me and says "Ow!!", drops the bee, I hop out of the pool and at that point he is pretty upset. I ask my friends Nicole and Evan what to do (thanks for your bee sting wisdom)...they recommend using a credit card. Nicole helps me hold him down as I try to push the stinger out of his middle finger:( poor guy is screaming! It looked like I didnt get the whole thing so I called our dr office to just see what the next step is. They told me to keep an eye on it, watch for infection, put some ice on for the swelling, but that the swelling would last at least 2 days:( He laid in my lap for the next ten minutes then he was up, running around, finished his lunch and we were off to our next event!
He is quite the trooper. I took caleb to swim class about 30 minutes later and you would've never known anything had happened. I thank God for good knowledgeable friends, and the bravest kid ever!
Elton, Caleb and Micah were very sweet. They were all very concerned but more then anything they really wanted to see his finger:) haha
2 comments:
oh no....poor baby. Micah told me ALL about it. He said Jack got a stung bee'd. What a tough guy. Those things HURT!
oh no momma! but what a tuff guy you have!
Post a Comment