Our weeks have been full of pool time, play dates, park days and staying inside to keep cool. But it has also been full of planning for events, rejoicing with new life, mourning with those who mourn, getting hit over the head with God's Word (thanks Beth), and having to relive some difficult times in my life!
It is truly amazing to watch God bring himself Glory through my past sin and hurt. I have a dear friend who is truly hurting right now. God has unmistakeably placed her in my life for such a time as this. Everything that she is and has been going through is exactly what I have felt, said, questioned and dealt with. The hurt that I have felt, the questions I have asked God, the uncertainty of my future and that gut wrenching feeling like someone is literally ripping your heart out of your chest? Yeah I have felt it, I have been there and it was the worst experience of my life!!! Now years later I have the opportunity to care for someone who is in that exact place. That God has used everything, every sin, every tear, every question, every hurt to cultivate compassion and truth that without my past, I would never have had. "In all things God works for the good of those who love him..."
Our God is faithful!! And in those moments when I asked
"God why?"....He answers me!
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."2Cor 1:3-4
1 comment:
Hmmm, my heart is right there with you.
Post a Comment