Thursday, August 20, 2009

Interactive Thursday!

Okay so I've been a little hesitant to do this cause well lets be honest my style is weird to some of you:) I bought a table and two little chairs for the boys at a garage sale for $6 and decided to do an overhaul!




Fun find right?
So I got them out and worked on sanding them down and primering them this week...with the help of my adorable assistant! who lets be honest just got in the way....but he's cute!







So here is where my weird taste comes into play...I have some fabric that I would like some opinions on. I would like to cover the top of the table as well as the chairs! Let me know what you think. I'd like you to pick two : one for the table top and one for the chairs:) chances are no one will respond to this post or I will have too many different opinions that will leave me even more indecisive and that will make me just go with my gut, which lets be honest I dont tend to trust!!
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

let me know what you think!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know me--- matchy-matchy. I love all the woodgrain looks. You could just use two different colors. Brown and Teal are pretty contrasting colors. But I love your unique taste,so whatever you do will look good.
--Susan

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I totally change my mind. First as I went back and looked at it again, there is no teal woodgrain. (Duuuh) And I did not notice the last two gold and teal car patterns (matching of course). I love them!!!! Very cute. --Susan

Anonymous said...

Ok Cracker Nessa likes the cowboy pattern for the table top and then a coordinating wood grain for the chairs. But that's me...kinda western and old school. Mom

Lindsey said...

Cristin! Thanks for your comment on my post the other day. I would LOVE to get together/talk soon! Especially about this Uganda thing!!!! I was telling Randy that if you go, I will have to spend some or most of my summers out there with you! :) OK, now for the fabric picks:
I pick 8 for the chairs and 9 for the top. :)

Britt@artbybritt said...

OOh ooh! 1 for the table and 11 for the chairs! So fun!

Just a thought... said...

I'm wiggling in my seat with my hand straight up in the air "pick me, pick me"..but really I say let the guy in the top pictures make the decision. I mean clearly he has put in he most work! Duh! But let's say he doesn' care...please chose the cowboys for something and whatever else you want. Everything goes with cowboys and they are kinda oklahomaish right?

hestermom said...

3 and 5. Sorry, I had to get the numbers down before I forgot them. I like the cowboy pattern and the darker colored woodgrain (to hide stains). But no matter what you choose, I can't wait to see the finished project!!

Julie said...

Ok i'm not gonna read the other comments unitl i type this (hmm, I wonder what they picked)...ok but all the fabrics are so retro adorable!!!

My pick is 5 for the table top and 7 for the chairs. I think the creative and fun print should go on the table so that it will stimulate the boys imaginations.

shannon dawn said...

John's pick isn't even here. haha! :) I thought you had chosen, but I'm glad to see youre getting other's opinions..... hmm you know my votes. we'll talk later

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a hester thang....but I agree with Lisa.... I like the cowboys and woodgrain....but I did like the spaceships too! Connie

kristina said...

I like number 3 for the top of the table and 4 for the seats. Are you modge-ing it?? I like the idea making it into a faux-wooden table and a faux-upholstered seat look. So cute whatever you do!!

Cassie said...

#9 for table top, #2 for seats