Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daddys Day Off!

Daddy had the day off friday and we had been talking about packing up the kids and goin campin for a while. We looked up some places and talked about it but with Johns crazy weekend schedule we thought it would be more rushed and stressful then relaxing so we decided to enjoy the place where we live OJAI!
That morning we packed up the boys went to the store to let them pick out a lollipop and told them we had a surprise...so they waited patiently on the curb (thank you lollipops) until the fun pulled up!





We took the trolley to downtown ojai to have some lunch and walk around:) Caleb was on cloud nine! And they were also really excited about the color of their tongues:P






after lunch we walked over to the Ojai museum and took a tour. They were doing on exhibit on MAD magazine artist Sergio Aragones! It was super cool! He was there and spent sometime showing John his work and talking with him about his inspirations etc.. John felt very privileged.




Then stopped for a little soft serve ice cream and waited for the trolley to pick us up!

the boys fell fast asleep on the Trolley


we got home and had a super fun BBQ (the only pic I got from the bbq:) but I thought the boys would like it)

That night our hope was to pitch a tent in the backyard and have a campout but the smoke was really bad in ojai from some local fires so we decided to bring our campout "IN"!





we stayed up late watching the "Sword in the Stone" by 11pm we were all fast asleep. So much fun and we didnt even have to pack up the car:)

6 comments:

shannon dawn said...

I love that picture of John and the boys eating a lollipop!
You are such a cute lil fam! :)

Lindsey said...

Looks like so much fun! Some of my best memories were putting a tent up in the backyard or making a fort in the living room and watching movies and sleeping there. Ah, the memories your boys will have! How fun! :)

Julie said...

Super cool! I too LOVE the picture of John and the boys on the curb with their lollipops. I have to know something though...are those hamburger lollipops??? If so that is GENIUS!! or is it watermellon on a stick?? (confused but excited)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE campouts in the house. Maybe it's dorky, but Justin and I have done one just he and I. I love your family and miss you guys like craaaazay!

Anonymous said...

You guys are great! I am always so excited with your ideas and giving the kids fun for cheap...so smart, and so much less exhausting! Sounds like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

That last comment came from me! Mom