Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's Over!

YAY! We did it. My dear friend Sue and I finished our First 10K! It was awesome:) It has been four months coming and I praise God for giving me the patience and perseverance to not give up on my training. I wanted to so many times:) Both the boys were sick this week and I woke up that morning with a bad sore throat and thought "come on...of all the days" but as I sit at home today sick with a really bad head cold I praise God that it was yesterday and not TODAY, I just don't know if I couldve done it today! God is so Good to even care for us in the little things in life.
Thanks for all the love and support, all the texts messages and encouragements. And thanks to my family who came out to cheer Sue and I on! We needed to see those faces as we turned that corner!!
Next stop half marathon...maybe in a couple years:)









Sue and I last October at my first 5K

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are very proud of you! This takes maturity and discipline to fix your eyes on a goal and not stop until you reach it. We were very excited to see you round the corner and finish the line!! Keep pushing yourself for bigger and greater things! We love you!
--Susan

Lindsey said...

What an accomplishment! Congrats! I am so impressed! :) That must be an awesome feeling (I hear these race things get addictive, feel like doing the next one yet?) Let's hang out soon!!! :)

Just a thought... said...

CONNNNNNGGGGGGGGRRRRRRAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTUUUUUULLAtions!

hestermom said...

Great job Cristin!! That is amazing, we are all so proud of you. Sorry you are feeling yucky, hope you are better soon!!

Justin said...

CONGRATS my friend! And just a smidge over an hour too. Soooo awesome.

Super proud of you Cristin. You've inspired me to get my butt into gear. I've got less than 2 weeks and I haven't officially hit the 4 mile mark yet.

Oh man...my stomach just dropped, I'm going to go run now.

Provl8dy said...

AWESOME!! if you can be this persistent with running just imagine what else you can do. You are an inspiration....not that I am going to start running or anything...I will leave that to you.