Sunday, June 07, 2009

Worship Under The Stars!

I had the absolute privilege of being able to go with our CBC's youth worship team to spend an evening worshiping our God under a beautiful sky. There was some serious cloud cover when we got there but then God revealed His beauty to us through a full moon rising from behind the mountains!He is Glorious!
We spent the evening being reminded of that fact that we were created to Know, Worship and Glorify our God, for no other reason other then HE IS! He is God and no matter the circumstances we are in, the season of our life, the incredibly difficult things that come our way...HE IS! HE IS "I AM"! And because HE IS we are to respond appopraitely..."To offer your bodies as a living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship" Romans12:1 To give up our hopes, dreams, aspirations, desires to become living sacrifices...to lay down all that we are to become all that He desires for us to be. That is our spiritual act of worship. That is fulfilling your purpose in life!
May I be reminded daily of that fact, that Christ came as a living sacrifice, a servant of all. He did not come to be served but to serve. That he "being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant."Phil 2:6
That I don't deserve praise from my children daily, but I am called to be a servant daily. I don't deserve recognition for all the hard work I think I do but I am called to think of myself with sober judgement. I don't deserve deep genuine relationships where I am encouraged and loved but in humility I am to consider others better then myself, I am called to lay down my life for my friends. I have been reminded that no matter how hard things seem and how out of control I may feel how small I am , HE IS!
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been getting the same message the past few weeks. It's all about Him. We are beloved dirt and water. The only thing divine about any of us is Him. That definitely sobers you up and helps you stay on track. "For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him." Phil 2:13 NLT
That's good, Cristin. Thank you for sharing it. --Susan

Anonymous said...

You're an awesome writer...I love hearing your enthusiasm (sp) seeing the beautiful Christian woman you are and your continued growth makes me so happy. I'm so proud to be your Mom!

Just a thought... said...

You are amazing! I think I just might read and reread this post! Yes he is amazing and the whole surrender thing is HUGE!