Saturday, May 02, 2009

My Blog "Thank You" to a special lady!!

About a month ago I received an Evite:
Host: "A Special Lady"
Location:Santa Barbara Hotel
For:Michelle, Cristin & Kristen:
It said!
Will you accept this.........invitation?

Every girls needs some time away to remember why being girls is the BEST. To stay up all night talking, & then sleep in, take a long soak in the tub, short run on the beach, listen to some great music or just hang out with someone else who knows Doritos and M&M's can be dinner if you want it to be! So...you three pick the date for an overnight in Santa Barbara and I'll pick up the tab for the room and a secret surprise*.
I love you all!
*You will need to set aside 4-7pm the afternoon you arrive. (don't ask)
Other than that it's all up to you!


Friday 11am: Picked up by Kristen and Michelle (Sorry your head was cut off Kristen)

Destination: Old Yacht Club Bed and Breakfast


Morning spent shopping and having lunch on State Street

4pm: Show up at Bed and Breakfast, received our embroidered bags filled with magazines and treats (that our husbands contributed along with a note from them)
4pm: Ondrea Collins (a wonderful lady from our church) shows up ready to give us 1 hour massages!! WHATT??? Are you kidding me? we were so grateful!

8pm: Showered, cleaned up and off to dinner! (no picture available)
10:00pm - Back to B&B, got in jammies and stayed up till 1:30am talking, laughing, crying, praying! AHHMAZING GIRL TIME!
1:45am - Bed
Saturday 9am- Woke up!! I slept in till 9am!! God bless you Jodi!
9:20am - Breakfast in the main room

10:00am- picked up our beach cruisers (included with the stay) headed off to town!



(why am I always making a weird face and michelle looks so cute?)
12:30pm - Headed back and packed up!
1pm - Got home and back to reality!

Special Lady, I cannot thank you enough for this gift. Although I have yet to figure out why you chose us, I believe you knew we needed this and because of your faithfulness to see needs and serve others, we were truly blessed!! You are such an amazing example to us and we cannot thank you enough for the chance to fellowship with sisters in Christ. I walked away learning so much from these girls and truly being challeneged in my faith! We love you! Thanks again:)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's such an amazing gift!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing treat!!!
All I can say is that you totally deserved this get away and some good girl time. You are loved by so many people and it makes my heart happy to see you (and your friends!) getting so pampered and blessed.

nessarichgirl said...

So glad you had a great time! Hope it can happen with our family...girls only and doning the same fun stuff...messages...always a treat! see you in a few days! Mom

Kelly said...

Girls get away, talk about a "dream" :) I am so happy for you! I'm sure it felt great to get away!!

Cassie said...

wonderful. simply wonderful!