Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Trip to D Land!

So first I have to give all the Praise to our Huge and Mighty God! Thursday night we checked the weather and found out that from 9am on we would have rain, ALL DAY! Here's the deal, I never pray specific prayers, I don't know why, I'm afraid of dissapointment or something. But that night I prayed for God to place a circle of blue sky around Disneyland that day. We wanted so desperately to have an amazing day. I mean come on, you are certainly paying for it!!! So I asked that He give us blue skies for at least some part of the day so that we wouldn't be handing someone $130 to be drenched and miserable.
Well we got Caleb up at 6am and headed off. Gave him some breakfast in the car and told him we were off to Mickey's House. We have been talking about it all week. We even did a count down everyday on the calendar!! the whole way I kept turning around and asking Caleb "Are you ready to have the best day ever?" He couldn't contain himself. We were all so excited!

We drove through quite a bit of rain but as we drove into Anaheim...the clouds broke!! We could see the sun shining through and we began to Praise GOD!


We got all checked in and Caleb received a Button for his Birthday so all the well trained staff members could tell him "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and Mom and Dad, who are the only ones paying attention could say "thank you" all day!


that morning was awesome. God placed a huge blue circle around us up until about 1pm. We rode lots of rides (mostly dumbo over and over), but the best part was just watching Caleb's face, the Awe and Wonder of a little one who is so captivated by everything he saw. There were moments I just held him and took a deep breath. I just wanted to soak it all in. I knew this would be an amazing memory.



Caleb at 9 months on dumbo with Daddy!






Caleb at 9 months on the Jungle Cruise
by 1pm Caleb needed his nap which was good cause it was right around that time that the rain came. We sat inside and waited to meet up with some friends of ours. Caleb woke up and we decided to all go on It's a Small World! (thanks Jake, you are such a team player)




By then the rain was pretty intense and we didn't see it letting up anytime soon so we went on a few more rides (dumbo in the rain) and then decided to head to downtown Disney to go get a Birthday Present for Caleb and maybe some dinner. We decided not get our hand stamped cause we figured there was no way we were gonna come back. We let Caleb pick out a gift and by the time we came out of the Disney store (45 minutes later) It was blue skies once again. We freaked out thinking they wouldn't let us back in but we gave it a shot. Praise God we got back in and spent another 6 hours there with no rain!!

God was so evident that day! It reminded me that no matter how small or silly or seemingly impossible our requests, it brings Him shear Joy just to hear from us and sometimes He answers with a Glorious "YES"! We had such a blast and we cannot wait to take Jack on his 3rd Birthday!





The Silliest Place on Earth :)

2 comments:

Just a thought... said...

That was such a great story! I hope you keep it written down or at least hidden in your heart to remind Caleb again and again how much God loves him and answers prayer! Great pics too. Wish I was there!

Rebecca said...

So cool! I'm glad you guys had an awesome day.