Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jackson James is Here!!!!

So here is the scoop...
I have been 3 cm dialated for about 2 weeks and having alot of braxton hicks contractions, they were getting stronger and more painful as the days went a long.
Friday morning October 12th I had my checkup at the doctors...I was 38 weeks and 4 days along. The doctor checked me and said I was 4cm dialated and that I was in labor. She said to go home have lunch and expect to go into active labor at anytime. We called our parents and went home to put Caleb down for a nap. Around noon I began having pretty strong contractions, we started to time them, but I wasn't getting too excited cause in the past couple days my contractions have just gone away. So then I decided to walk around the house and see what would happen. they did not go away and they were stronger then normal. We called the doctor and she asked for us to come back to her office so she could check me again. We got over to her office and she said I was still at 4cm but 5cm when I 'd have a contraction. She called the hospital and we headed over there. John's parents met us at the doctors office to pick up Caleb. We got into the hospital at 2pm and settled in. I knew I'd want an epidural but I was doing fine at the time they asked. They recommended that we go ahead and get it done now because if I was to wait it may take way to long to get the doctor to my room. So I said, bring it on!! Everything seemed to be going fine for the first couple hours. My doctor showed up at 5pm and decided to break my water to get the process going faster...as she did they noticed that the baby's heartrate dropped dramatically. They asked everyone to leave the room, and they had some other nurses come in to help. I got a little freaked out as they put me on oxygen and asked me to move positions several times to see if the baby would improve. They checked me and noticed that I had dialated to a 7cm rather quickly after they broke my water and they assumed the baby did not adjust well to the transition. They decided to pump fluid back in incase the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and to help him settle. About an hour later everything was normal. He had settle down and I could finally relax. at about 9:15pm I had finally reached 10cm but the baby was still at negative 1 (which means he was far enough down). They asked me to do a practice push to see if I could work him down further. I went ahead and pushed and his head crowned. So they new I was ready, my doctor was expecting it to happen so fast so she ran to get her scrubs on and get ready. It took 4 pushes and Jackson James had arrived. PERFECT, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING. I couldn't believe he was here!! I got to nurse right away (I didn't get to do that with Caleb) and he latched on right away.
Jackson was born at 9:24pm / 8lbs 2oz / 20.5" long
God is so Good!
see slide show here!

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

He is gorgeous! What a beautiful family and how blessed you are! Thanks for the details!

Love,

Jodi

Justin said...

We're SOOO excited for you guys and the new addition to your awesome family. We'll have to come visit sometime soon to see little Braxton, I mean, JACKSON!
God bless you guys!
xoxo
The Richters

Anonymous said...

He is the most beautiful newborn ever!! Naiah and Jonah have been staring at the pictures for like half an hour now. It's going to be so fun to see you guys at Thanksgiving time!!