Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our week in a nutshell!

So I haven't been able to get on very much this past week and here are 10 reason's why!!
10. Caleb finished up a lovely, but luckily short, pink eye!
9. We got a Dog! Well John's mom and dad got a dog and we get to play with her!
The boys love her! Caleb talks about "molly" all the time :)He likes to take her
for walks around the house. She is so good with the boys!!


8. Jackson started the week with nightly fevers that would go away during the day ??
7. Despite the fevers we still tried to get out of the house. We went to storytime at the library and the theme was "birthday party" so we came home and made birthday cake!

6. By Thursday night Jackson's fevers spiked up to 104. and we became concerned.
5. We took him to the doctor friday and he ended up having a double ear infection :( I am just so grateful we went to the doctors instead of trying to wait it out. Doctors just aren't fun with out health insurance but you gotta do what you gotta do!
4. The meds made Jack really sleepy. we found him passed out in the living room

3. despite the chaos of sick boys John and I made efforts to spend time out! we went to see Australia at the $2 theatre! I do not recommend it :)
2. John performed at Starbucks in Camarillo on Saturday night! So Awesome! He is just so talented :) Thanks to all our friends who came out to support. It was a really great night of fellowship and music


1. I am really tired!! I have had plenty of naps this week but when your spirit is tired sleep doesn't always help. The stress of your little ones being sick can really wear on you and I just haven't had a lot of time to myself. I think I need a
"Me Retreat" :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Holy cow, busy mama! I don't envy you your week. If you need a getaway soonish, we'll have an extra room for you at the new house. The boys can play with Naiah and Jonah, and you can sit around and sip tea with me and eat way too much white flour and sugar. K? K.

hestermom said...

Sorry you had such a long week!! I was going to tell you that there's Whole Hearted Moms conference, Feb. 6-7th that I'm going to... I think Kelly's going, and Amanda Rogers. You should come!! I don't know if you could work it out or not. But it is a wonderful time of refreshing, so if you want the details let me know!! So glad Jackson is better!!

Just a thought... said...

You know even your blog was sick! I saw the "Please pray for Jack" and tried to click on the link, but nothing there. So glad your boys are better. Stressed spelled backward is Desserts...so I figure the way to undo the stress is...well you get the picture. See you Thursday I pray.

Lindsey said...

Sorry it was such crazy week! I'm glad Jack is feeling a little better. I want to hang out one of these weekends. Let's plan!!! Maybe just us girls? :)